Think about saints, and you might picture people who lived a long time ago. But there’s big news: the world might soon have its first millennial saint, someone who lived not too long ago!
Carlo Acutis, an Italian teenager, could become the first millennial saint. He passed away in 2006 when he was only 15 years old. Carlo is special because he’s known as the patron saint of the internet. He was really good with computers and used them to talk about his faith.
Carlo was born in London, but his family moved to Milan when he was little. He loved Catholicism from a young age. His passion for the religion was so strong that it even inspired his mom, Antonia Acutis, to rejoin the church. Even as a kid, he went to church every day.

From a young age, Carlo felt a strong calling to help others. He did things like giving to homeless people to make a difference. Before he died, Carlo used his computer skills to create a website to help others.
After he passed away, his mom got messages from people all over the world. They told her about miracles that happened after they prayed to Carlo. Some said they got better from cancer or became able to have children.
Carlo’s mom said he was like a light in the darkness of the internet. Some people even called him an “influencer for God” because they admired him so much.
Carlo’s mom, Ms. Acutis, believes her son’s life shows how the internet can be used for good things.
In 2020, the Diocese of Assisi, where Carlo’s family had property, asked the Vatican to make him a saint.

In February 2020, Pope Francis said a sick boy got better after touching Carlo’s shirt.
To become a saint, Carlo needs one more miracle. The Vatican says a Costa Rican student got better after her mom prayed to Carlo.
The Pope might call a meeting to talk about making Carlo a saint, but there’s no date for the ceremony yet.
It will be interesting to see Carlo become the first millennial saint! What do you think? Let us know in the comments and share this news with your friends and family.
Officials Tried to Help Florida Man ‘Lt. Dan’ Before Hurricane Milton, but He Refused to Leave His Boat

Before Hurricane Milton made landfall in Tampa, Florida, officials there made an effort to help a man who went by the TikTok handle “Lieutenant Dan.” The man, whose true name is apparently Joseph Malinowski, defied their attempts to disembark from his 20-foot boat and chose instead to weather the storm.
Malinowski was filmed by Terrence Concannon, who uploaded the popular TikTok on October 8 and showed him justifying his choice. Malinowski, who was inspired by the Forrest Gump character, boldly declares his belief in God in the video, saying, “God told me to come out here and acquire a boat. I’m safe with him. We’re going to get through this. He brashly said, “Hell no,” when asked if he would be donning a life jacket, stating that his yacht was the safest place for him to be.

Around 43 million people had viewed the film as of October 9, garnering both local and national interest. Authorities in Tampa were worried about his safety, but Malinowski refused to leave despite multiple attempts to persuade him. The local police said that although they would have helped, they would eventually be unable to get to him due to the storm’s increasing conditions.
Mayor Jane Castor of Tampa first said that Malinowski had been rescued and taken to a shelter during a press conference. Brian Entin, a reporter for NewsNation, swiftly refuted this, posting a picture of Malinowski remaining on his boat as evidence that he had not departed. Later on, the mayor’s office stated that Malinowski had initially decided to depart but ended up staying.

Concannon, the person who first uploaded the popular video, launched a GoFundMe page in support of Malinowski, which raised almost $23,000. The money is meant to assist Malinowski—who has been called a “modern-day pirate”—in buying a new boat because his present one has “seen better days.”
With sustained winds of 120 mph, Hurricane Milton, a Category 3 storm, was predicted to make landfall on Florida’s west-central coast as of October 9. Malinowski made the decision to stay on his boat despite several orders for the locals to leave, putting his faith and the security of his craft at risk.
Leave a Reply